The McKnight Foundation seeks a professional Program and Grants Associate (PGA) to help support and advance the goals of the International program. Reporting to the Director of Grants & Information Management, this role will be joining the McKnight Foundation at a critical moment in its history as the institution advances its Strategic Framework.
The PGA will provide grantmaking and program support for the International Program, as well as work directly with the international program director and program officers to manage valued relationships with internal and external partners to advance overall program work.
This position is an individual contributor role and will report directly to the Director of Grants and Information Management.
- Maintain compliance with Foundation policies and IRS regulations in relation to international grantmaking and additional types of funding support.
- Coordinate the flow and accuracy of grant and funding data and documentation.
- Review grant and funding materials for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide grant payment and budgeting support for the program.
- Manage the grants report process.
- Assist with grantee relationship management, including scheduling meetings and answering grant-related questions.
- Work directly with program consultants to support program goals, including annual meetings.
- Create and manage production of board meeting materials.
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure effective information sharing.
- Identify opportunities for innovation to grantmaking practices and non-traditional types of support.
- Participate in cross-functional work groups as appropriate.
- Participate in Foundation-wide meetings and events.
- Provide backup for other PGAs as needed.
All leaders at McKnight are expected to display the following attributes:
- Strategic mindset
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
- Drives results
- Manages complexity
- Builds networks
- Collaborates effectively
- Models resiliency
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years related full-time professional work experience, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Professional work experience in an administrative position, including experience maintaining a computer database and files, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Able to build relationships and effectively collaborate with people across levels, functions, and cultures to achieve shared objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to routinely learn and master new data systems and tools.
- Able to manage and prioritize highly detailed work with speed and accuracy.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office Suite, or comparable office software.
- Professional work experience in a foundation, non-profit, or governmental field.
- International work experience.
- French and/or Spanish language skills.
- Blackbaud Grantmaking database experience, or similar.
Compensation and Benefits
The McKnight Foundation provides a competitive compensation package. Benefits include health, dental, life, and disability insurance; generous paid time off; contribution to a retirement plan; matching charitable gifts program; and a flexible work environment. This opportunity is a full-time, nonexempt position based in Minneapolis. The salary range is $71,000 – $75,000.
The above statements are intended to provide a general framework of what this position requires. There may be other functions and qualifications that emerge in time, and the chosen candidate may be asked to perform other duties that are not listed here.
The McKnight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Click here to apply.
This position will close Friday, May 14 at 5 p.m. central daylight time.