Report will be released Feb. 19, 2015, 3:00 PM at MCA’s Arts Advocacy Day
New Study Will Look At Impact of Nonprofit Arts and Culture on Minnesota’s Economy
A new study on the health and impacts of the nonprofit arts and culture sector will be released at Arts Advocacy Day, organized by Minnesota Citizens for the Arts, on Feb. 19, 2015, at 3:00 PM. The presentation of the results will be made at the Ordway Center for the Performing Arts at 345 Washington Street, St. Paul.
As the most comprehensive report ever done about the sector’s health and economic impact, Creative Minnesota: The Health and Impact of the Nonprofit Arts and Culture Sector breaks out data both statewide and regionally.
As the first of an ongoing series of biennial reports, Creative Minnesotais a snapshot of spending by nonprofit arts and culture organizations and their audiences as well as other indicators of the sector’s health and impact on the economy in 2013. The study includes 11 regional reports that quantify the economic impact from 1,269 arts and culture organizations in every corner of the state, in addition to information about jobs created, local vs. non-local attendees spending, nonprofit arts and culture organizational budgets, services provided to K-12 students, and artist employment levels.
Creative Minnesotawas developed by a collaborative of arts and culture funders in partnership with Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA). The report leverages new opportunities for in-depth research provided by Minnesota’s participation in the Cultural Data Project (CDP). Many public and private grantmakers in Minnesota require some or all of their arts and culture grantees to submit data to the CDP. Americans for the Arts (AFTA) was commissioned to calculate the economic impact of the arts.
After Feb. 19, Creative Minnesota and additional research about Minnesota’s arts and cultural community can be downloaded at: creativemn.org.
The Creative Minnesota team includes:
- Minnesota Citizens for the Arts (MCA): www.mncitizensforthearts.org
- The McKnight Foundation: www.mcknight.org
- Target: https://corporate.target.com/corporate-responsibility/
- Bush Foundation: www.bushfoundation.org
- Mardag Foundation: http://www.mardag.org/
- Jerome Foundation: http://www.jeromefdn.org/
- Minnesota State Arts Board: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/
- Forum of Regional Arts Councils of Minnesota: http://www.arts.state.mn.us/racs/forum.htm
- Minnesota Historical Society: http://www.mnhs.org/about
- Ideas that Kick: http://www.ideasthatkick.com
Sheila Smith, Executive Director, MCA: 651-251-0868