The Midwest Climate & Energy program accepts proposals from organizations in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Other Midwest states remain invite-only. For organizations that wish to apply, the first step is to familiarize yourself with qaabkayaga. Waxa kale oo laga yaabaa inaad rabto inaad dib u eegto jeneraalka guud ee aasaaska maalgelinta FAQ.
If, after reading our grant guidelines, you feel your organization fits within our funding strategies, contact the Midwest Climate & Energy team kahor bilaabista arjiga.
Si lagaaga caawiyo diyaarinta, waxaad dib u eegi kartaa foomka codsiga soo jeedinta oo dhan (PDF, Eray). Please also review our FAQ with commonly asked questions specific to the Climate program.
Within two weeks of receiving your application, Climate staff will be in contact with you regarding next steps. We will make a funding decision within three months of receiving your application.
U qalmida iyo Noocyada Taageerada
We accept proposals and provide operating and project grants to organizations based in, and working in, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa (other Midwest states remain invite-only). We consider capital grants only in exceptional circumstances. With very few exceptions, applicants must be classified by the Internal Revenue Service as tax-exempt nonprofit organizations to be eligible for a grant.
Government entities may apply for funding for innovative projects. However, we generally will not fund activities that are traditionally the sole responsibility of the government.
We do not fund the following type of requests:
- Deeq waxbarasho ama noocyo kale oo gargaar ah oo loogu talagalay shaqsiyaadka
- Conferences, including attendance or travel
- Discrete project development, construction, installation, and/or deployment costs (for example, materials, labor, etc.)
- Land purchase
- Awqaafta iyo ololeyaasha raasumaalka, marka laga reebo xaalado dhif ah
- Hawlaha leh ujeeddo gaar ah oo diineed
- U ololeynta waxaa mamnuucay Xeerka Dakhliga Gudaha (fiiri qoraalka hoose)
Qoraal ku saabsan ku lug lahaanshaha iyo falanqeynta siyaasadda guud:
The Foundation may consider funding requests for efforts such as advocacy and education to inform the policies and administrative rules of executive, judicial, and administrative agencies; information-sharing that is neutral, nonpartisan, and fully descriptive of both sides of pending legislative issues; and policy research.
Sida looga baahan yahay Xeerka Dakhliga Gudaha, hase yeeshe, Aasaasiyadu ma maalgelin doonto isku dayga ah inay saameyn ku yeelato sharci gaar ah oo la sugayo ama la soo jeediyay, oo ay ku jiraan tixraac, qawaaniin maxalli ah, iyo go'aanno.
Wax badan ka ogow guudkeena maalgelinta tilmaamaha.
Codsiga & Waqtiga
McKnight has a one-step application process and accepts proposals on a rolling basis. We aim to make a decision and distribute funding within three months of receiving a full proposal. Given year-end priorities, grants submitted and reviewed in the fourth quarter may take additional time. We recommend submitting your request by September 1 if funding in the current calendar year is critical.
Qoraalada muhiimka ah
- Si aad u hesho codsiyada badbaadsan ama hubinta xaaladda warbixinta, isticmaal Gelitaanka Account link (geeska sare ee bog kasta ee boggan).
- Haddii aad wax dhibaato ah ku qabtid nidaamka dalabka khadka tooska ah, naga soo wac (612) 333-4220 ama dir email to the Climate team.