The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits is pleased to announce the annual Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Awards. In partnership with the McKnight Foundation, a Minnesota-based family foundation that advances a more just, creative, and abundant future where people and planet thrive, four Minnesotans, two from the Twin Cities metro and two from Greater Minnesota, will each receive $10,000 in recognition of the significant impact they have had on the state of Minnesota and its communities.
Nominations are now open through Sunday, May 21, 11:30 p.m. CST
View a copy of the nomination form (Though a word document is supplied for convenience, you must submit a nomination through the form above. Nominations sent via email will NOT be accepted.)
A Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero is an individual who has had a significant impact on the state of Minnesota and its communities. This individual:
- Has played a significant role on creating a positive impact on Minnesota and its communities.
- Has not been widely recognized for his/her work in the past.
- Nominees do not have to be employed at an organization to be eligible, but may be volunteers, board members or service staff of nonprofits.
- Nominees must be Minnesota residents.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees may not be past Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Award or Human Services Award recipients.
Recipients will receive:
- $10,000 cash award
- Public recognition by MCN and the McKnight Foundation.
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.