The first step is to submit a two-page letter of intent describing the project and how the technology involved will enrich the neurosciences and become accessible to other research in the field.
The letter of intent should include the email address of the principal investigators and a title for the project.
The principal investigators will be required to:
- Set up a username and password (please retain your username and password as you will need it throughout the process)
- Complete an online face sheet
- Upload a two-page project description with no more than two pages of references
- Any images must be within the two-page limit
- Project description and references should be uploaded as a single PDF
- Funds may be used toward a variety of research activities, but not the recipient’s salary
A review committee will evaluate the letters and will invite a few candidates to submit full proposals. At that point, a Stage Two URL will be provided. Proposals will be evaluated on the creativity and potential benefit of the approach and the significance of the problems to be addressed.
Following review of the proposals, the committee will recommend up to three awards to the Board of Directors of the Endowment Fund. The board will make the final decision. Each award will provide $100,000 per year for two years.